- 70% of total fatalities in urban areas are vulnerable road users
- As of 2000, a U.S.-based pedestrian was involved in a fatal accident every 81 minutes
- In conjunction with its technological partners, Cepton has designed a lidar-based road sensor, directed to warn drivers about potential pedestrian activity around a corner 5 seconds before they would otherwise be visible
- Despite its original intended use as an advanced motion-system tool, the use of lidar technology has far surpassed its original necessities
- Today, lidar technology is being used within a wide array of initiatives and industries, ranging from security and safety solutions, smart railways, and traffic control systems in urban metropolises
During the 1970s and 1980s, roadways across the U.S. and western Europe grew safer as the adoption of seatbelts, airbags, and improved vehicle designs became ubiquitous. At the time, the United States could credibly claim to be a global leader in the field of automotive safety – its New Car Assessment Program (“NCAP”), launched in 1983, was the first rating system designed to inform and educate consumers about the crashworthiness of various car models. Today, such rankings have emerged as commonplace around the world. However, it is in another key aspect that the U.S. has failed to keep pace with the rest of the world.
In 2021, as the U.S. hit a 16-year high for road fatalities; Japan and Norway posted the lowest number of road deaths since the 1940’s. That figure is perhaps most stark for pedestrian deaths. In the U.S., this inflated over 40% between 2010-2018, more than twice the pace of any other…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to CPTN are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/CPTN
TinyGems is your guide to the best and brightest in the under-appreciated small-cap sector. As one of 50+ brands within the InvestorBrandNetwork (“IBN”), TinyGems provides: (1) access to a network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release solutions to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to reach millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. It’s time to uncover some of the best-kept secrets on Wall Street. TinyGems features innovative small-cap companies with huge potential, putting a spotlight on the best and brightest of these disruptors that have the technology, the talent, the drive, and the business models to make a huge impact in the markets and in portfolios. Whether it’s a game changing technology, a new more profitable product or service, or a star in a hot sector, TinyGems is the go-to source for actionable intelligence.
To receive SMS text alerts from TinyGems, text “Gems” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.TinyGems.net
TinyGems is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork