3BL Media has named Medtronic to its annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking, recognizing outstanding environmental, social and governance (ESG) transparency and performance among the 1,000 largest U.S. public companies.
3BL Media has named Medtronic to its annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking, recognizing outstanding environmental, social and governance (ESG) transparency and performance among the 1,000 largest U.S. public companies. This is the sixth year in a row that Medtronic has been included in the annual ranking – jumping to #41 in this year’s list from #71 in 2021.
Since 2008, Medtronic has publicly reported our ESG performance and progress using well-known and widely accepted disclosure standards and frameworks. In FY21, we focused our ESG efforts to drive measurable impact on issues including protecting our planet, accelerating access to healthcare technology, and advancing inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E). And since the start of FY22, we’ve doubled down on our commitments and are taking a stronger role in addressing societal issues – the first time Medtronic put public facing goals against material issues, which include:
- Tying ID&E performance directly to the annual incentive plan for executive leadership
- Announcing our first public-facing goal for innovation – by FY26 20% of revenue will come from products released in the last three years
- Setting a goal to be carbon neutral in our operations by FY30 and announcing our ambition to achieve net zero emissions across scopes 1, 2, and 3 by fiscal year 2045 (FY45).
The 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking is based on 155 ESG factors in eight pillars: climate change, employee relations, environmental, finance, governance, human rights, stakeholders and society, and ESG performance.
“Achieving the transformational targets in the Paris Agreement and UN Sustainable Development Goals in this decisive decade requires all companies to truly embed ESG issues into the core of their business,” said Dave Armon, CEO of 3BL Media. “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2022 are answering the call by demonstrating the societal and bottom-line value of leadership and transparency around ESG topics. They are setting ambitious goals, outlining robust strategies for achieving them, disclosing data to measure progress, and accounting for all stakeholders in business decisions.”
Medtronic continues to be recognized globally for its ethics, climate leadership and commitment to be an employer of choice. Here are some of the global awards that Medtronic has already collected in 2022:
- DiversityInc – Top 50 Companies for Diversity: Medtronic included in top 10 for 2022 ranking for the first time, rising from #11 in 2021
- The Globe and Mail (Canada) – 2022 Canada’s Greenest Employers: Medtronic Canada recognized as one of Canada’s greenest employers of 2022
- Human Rights Campaign – Corporate Equality Index 2022: Medtronic included for the 2nd year in a row for earning 100% on the Corporate Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusive workplace policies and practices
- Fast Company – 2022 World Changing Ideas: Medtronic’s GI Genius named as ‘honorable mention’ in 2022 list
To learn more about Medtronic’s ESG efforts, visit: 2021 Integrated Performance Report. For access to the complete 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2022 ranking and methodology visit: https://100best.3blmedia.com/
KEYWORDS: 3BL 100 Best Citizens, 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2022, Corporate Citizenship, ESG, ESG Reporting, 3BL, NYSE:MDT