As filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 16, 2014.
Registration Nos. 333-13428
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
POST-EFFECTIVE AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO
THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
|Federal Republic of Germany||Not Applicable|
(State or other jurisdiction of
incorporation or organization)
(Address of Principal Executive Offices; Zip Code)
SIEMENS SAVINGS PLAN
SIEMENS SAVINGS PLAN FOR UNION EMPLOYEES
2001 SIEMENS STOCK OPTION PLAN
SIEMENS STOCK AWARDS
SIEMENS SAVINGS PLAN FOR HOURLY EMPLOYEES
SIEMENS SAVINGS PLAN FOR EMPLOYEES OF
SIEMENS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
(Full title of the plans)
Rose Marie E. Glazer
Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
300 New Jersey Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
Tel: (202) 434-4835
(Name, address and telephone number of agent for service)
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant is a large accelerated filer, an accelerated filer, a non-accelerated filer, or a smaller reporting company. See the definitions of large accelerated filer, accelerated filer and smaller reporting company in Rule 12b-2 of the Exchange Act.
|Large accelerated filer||x||Accelerated filer||¨|
|Non-accelerated filer||¨||Smaller reporting company||¨|
EXPLANATORY NOTE/DEREGISTRATION OF UNSOLD SECURITIES
This post-effective amendment relates to the following Registration Statements filed on Form S-8 (collectively, the Registration Statements):
1. Registration Statement 333-13428, filed April 30, 2001, registering 5,000,000 Ordinary Shares of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, no par value;
2. Registration Statement 333-81126, filed January 18, 2002, registering 3,000,000 Ordinary Shares of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, no par value;
3. Registration Statement 333-132089, filed February 28, 2006, registering 8,660,000 Ordinary Shares of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, no par value;
4. Registration Statement 333-150656, filed May 6, 2008, registering 14,064,000 Ordinary Shares of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, no par value;
5. Registration Statement 333-163522, filed December 7, 2009, registering 19,525,490 Ordinary Shares of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, no par value; and
6. Registration Statement 333-178544, filed December 16, 2011, registering 22,724,000 Ordinary Shares of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, no par value.
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft intends to file a Form 15F to terminate, inter alia, the registration of its Ordinary Shares, no par value, under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. In accordance with an undertaking made by Siemens Aktiengesellschaft in each of the Registration Statements to remove from registration by means of a post-effective amendment any securities which remain unsold at the termination of the offering, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft hereby amends the Registration Statements to withdraw from registration the securities registered but unsold thereunder.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, the Registrant certifies that it has reasonable grounds to believe that it meets all of the requirements for filing on Form S-8 and has duly caused this Post-Effective Amendment No. 1 to the Registration Statements on Form S-8 to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunder duly authorized, in the City of Munich, Germany on May 16, 2014.
|Name: Dr. Andreas Christian Hoffmann|
|Title: General Counsel|
|Name: Mariel von Drathen|
|Title: Head of Governance & Markets|
Note: No other person is required to sign this Post-Effective Amendment to the Registration Statements in reliance on Rule 478 of the Securities Act of 1933.