The "Cell Therapy Technologies Global Market Report 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global cell therapy technologies market grew from $3.53 billion in 2022 to $4.24 billion in 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.0%. The cell therapy technologies market is expected to grow to $7.39 billion in 2027 at a CAGR of 14.9%.
North America was the largest region in the cell therapy technologies market in 2022. Asia-Pacific is predicted to record the fastest growth over the forecast period. The regions covered in the cell therapy technologies market report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
Increasing investments by the government in cell-based research contributed to the growth of the global cell therapy technologies market. Governments are increasingly investing in research activities for developing therapies for diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease (CVD), and others.
For instance, in May 2022, The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), a research center helping stem cell research invested more than $11 million to fund a clinical trial for a cell therapy for the treatment of throat cancer. The success of this therapy will save patients from undergoing radiotherapy and its side effects.
High costs associated with cell therapy are expected to restrain the market in the forecast period. The pressure to contain costs and demonstrate value is widespread. Political uncertainty and persistent economic stress in numerous countries are calling into question the sustainability of public health care funding. In less wealthy countries, the lack of cost-effective therapies for cancer has influenced the health conditions of the population and has led to a low average life expectancy.
For example, cell therapies, especially gene-editing cell therapies such as CAR-T therapy highly expensive. The two first CAR T-cell therapies, Kymriah and Yescarta, have been given price tags of $475,000 and $373,000, respectively, in the USA, with similar pricing in Europe. Thus, the high cost of cell therapy is restraining the growth of the market.
Strategic collaborations and partnerships between the industry players are gaining popularity in the cell therapy technologies market. Major companies are collaborating and partnering with other companies to develop new technologies in cell therapy areas for the treatment of a variety of diseases.
For instance, in August 2020, IsoPlexis Corporation, USA-based, collaborated with Lonza, a Switzerland-based chemicals and biotechnology company, to enable the next generation of precision cell therapy manufacturing. In another instance, in July 2020, Hitachi, Ltd., a Japan-based provider of a broad range of solutions including automated cell culture technologies to pharmaceutical companies in the area of cell therapy and regenerative medicine industry, collaborated with ThinkCyte, Inc., a Japan-based biotechnology company to focus on developing artificial intelligence (AI)-driven cell analysis and sorting system.
The countries covered in the cell therapy technologies market report are Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, South Korea, UK, and USA.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market has been affected by the COVID-19 and how it is responding as the impact of the virus abates.
- Assess the Russia - Ukraine war's impact on agriculture, energy and mineral commodity supply and its direct and indirect impact on the market.
- Measure the impact of high global inflation on market growth.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market shares.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
1) By Product: Consumables; Equipment; Systems & Software
2) By Cell Type: T-cells; Stem Cells; Other Cells
3) By Process: Cell Processing; Cell Preservation, Distribution, and Handling; Process Monitoring and Quality Control
4) By End User: Life Science Companies; Research Institutes
Companies Mentioned: Thermo Fisher Scientific; Merck; MaxCyte; Lonza Group; Sartorius
Countries: Australia; Brazil; China; France; Germany; India; Indonesia; Japan; Russia; South Korea; UK; USA
Regions: Asia-Pacific; Western Europe; Eastern Europe; North America; South America; Middle East; Africa
Time series: Five years historic and ten years forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita,
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Delivery Format: PDF, Word and Excel Data Dashboard.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Characteristics
3. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Size And Growth
4. Cell Therapy Technologies Market - Macro Economic Scenario
5. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Segmentation
6. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Regional And Country Analysis
7. Asia-Pacific Cell Therapy Technologies Market
8. China Cell Therapy Technologies Market
9. India Cell Therapy Technologies Market
10. Japan Cell Therapy Technologies Market
11. Australia Cell Therapy Technologies Market
12. Indonesia Cell Therapy Technologies Market
13. South Korea Cell Therapy Technologies Market
14. Western Europe Cell Therapy Technologies Market
15. UK Cell Therapy Technologies Market
16. Germany Cell Therapy Technologies Market
17. France Cell Therapy Technologies Market
18. Eastern Europe Cell Therapy Technologies Market
19. Russia Cell Therapy Technologies Market
20. North America Cell Therapy Technologies Market
21. USA Cell Therapy Technologies Market
22. South America Cell Therapy Technologies Market
23. Brazil Cell Therapy Technologies Market
24. Middle East Cell Therapy Technologies Market
25. Africa Cell Therapy Technologies Market
26. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Competitive Landscape And Company Profiles
27. Key Mergers And Acquisitions In The Cell Therapy Technologies Market
28. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Trends And Strategies
29. Cell Therapy Technologies Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Lonza Group
- Terumo BCT
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Avantor Inc.
- Miltenyi Biotec
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Beckman Coulter
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- GE Healthcare
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vx2ugj
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230309005443/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900